Member of National Garden Clubs, Inc.
Federated Garden Clubs of Vermont, Inc.
Contact - Middleburygc@gmail.com
President Pat Morrow
First Vice President (Program) Lorraine Abramson
Second Co-Vice Presidents (Membership)
Recording Secretary Pat Durfee
Corresponding Secretary Elaine Mitcham
Treasurer Lorrie Muller
The Middlebury Garden Club was founded in 1933 by members of the local Women's Club - one of the oldest in VT - to pursue their interest in gardening, floral design, youth programs and flower shows as well as civic beautification. In the mid - 1980's Club members wanted to do something permanent in the community. Over the years award winning gardens have been designed, planted and maintained at the Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History. In 2010 Middlebury Garden Club began a three year garden restoration project featuring newly planted sunny borders, a shade garden and a pollinator garden. In 2012 the final phase of the project was completed with a pathway to a new shrub planting featuring a large marble block seating area. A marble bench made from historical capstone original to a boundary wall of the Judd Harris House was placed at the head of two perennial beds. Club members continue to maintain the Sheldon Museum Garden.
Middlebury Garden Club currently has
67 Active Members
2 Associate Members
4 Honorary Life members